Peru Inca Heritage Tour
Machu Picchu is a place all travelers should experience once in their lives.
12 June 2015 – 21 June 2015 (9 days & 9 nights)
Tour Highlights: This compact itinerary offers you a glimpse into the once mighty Inca Empire. After arriving in Lima and visiting Peru’s current capital, we will fly to Cuzco. At Cuzco, the once-capital of the great Inca Empire, we will wander through the atmospheric cobblestone streets, and explore the ancient ruins of the nearby Sacred Valley. Our trip culminates at the mythical Machu Picchu.
Lima Walk around the historical center of Lima with its historic buildings, old-world charm, and grandiose churches. Peek into the world of the Pre-Inca period at Huaca Pucllana ruins. Stroll along El Melacon, a stretch of parks situated along the cliffs above the Pacific Ocean.
Cuzco Wander around the cobblestone streets of Cuzco: a city of ancient beauty, Inca ruins, and colonial buildings. Visit the fantastic Qoricancha, the Sun Temple, an Inca religious site dedicated to their sun god. Be amazed by the stone work of Sacsayhuaman, the towering Incan fortress a stones throw away from Cuzco city center.
The Sacred Valley Marvel at the Machu Picchu-like ruins at Pisac. Be awed by the terraced agricultural circles of the Inca at Moray. Travel back in time at the extensive ruins of Ollantaytambo, which are left as they were in the Inca period.
Machu Picchu Be mesmerized by the holy grail of Inca monuments. Wander through the stone structures and listen to the stories they tell. Climb to the top of Huayna Picchu and be prepared to have your breath taken away by the incredible view.
(based on combination of dorm and double room accommodation)
*(add USD$100 for double room only option)
What’s included in the cost?
- All transportation in country
- All accommodation (hostels, guesthouses)
- Admissions to all included attractions and sights
- At least one meal per day
* $200 Non-refundable deposit required to secure place on tour * Remainder of tour fee ($1,599) due by April 10th, 2015 * Full refund -$200 before April 30th, 2015 * 50% refund before May 29th, 2015 * No refund after May 29th, 2015 Additional expenses: You’ll be responsible for some meals. Budget between $3-8 per meal. You will also be responsible for booking your airfare to/from Peru. (Arriving in Lima. Departing from Cuzco.)